Facial recognition technology is everywhere, from your smartphone to the grocery store to city streets. But do we really want to be constantly tracked? Law enforcement finds it immensely helpful, but many experts say it’s a massive invasion of privacy that needs limitation. Experts discuss.
- Dr. Michal Kosinski, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior, Stanford University Graduate School of Business
- Shawn Shan, PhD candidate, University of Chicago and member of team developing Fawkes facial recognition cloaking software
Links for more info:
- More info about Michal Kosinski
- More info about Shawn Shan – University of Chicago Department of Computer Science
- The Economist Article – “What Machines Can Tell From Your Face: Life in the age of facial recognition”
- Download Fawkes cloaking software from the University of Chicago SAND Lab website