Medical campaigns account for a third of monies raised on crowdfunding sites like GoFundMe, and many people who’ve fallen through the holes of the safety net have been helped this way. But new studies show that fraud is rampant in crowdfunding, with fake patients and medical providers who all too eager to take money for worthless treatment. Experts discuss these issues and the need for regulation.
- Dr. Jeremy Snyder, Professor of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University
- Dr. Art Caplan, head, Division of Medical Ethics, New York University School of Medicine
- Dr. Nora Kenworthy, Assitant Professor of Nursing and Health Studies, University of Washington-Bothell
Links for more information:
- Dr. Snyder – Simon Fraser University – More Info
- Dr. Caplan – New York University School of Medicine – More Info
- Dr. Kenworthy – University of Washington-Bothell – More Info